At Imprint (formerly Lucid), our mission is to make the world's most important knowledge easy to learn, internalize, and apply to your life. We’ve created a new format for visual nonfiction content, designed from the ground up for the mobile use case, that helps readers stay focused, understand complex ideas, and retain what they learn.
Launched in 2020, Imprint is already one of the most downloaded and highest grossing education apps in the world. But we’re just getting started, and are continuing to rapidly iterate and launch innovative new products that further our mission of effective learning.
Our team of writers, designers, visual artists, product managers, and engineers are deeply experienced in mobile storytelling and educational content. Our CEO, Daniel Terry, previously founded and led Pocket Gems and Episode Interactive, leading mobile companies which have reached 300 million users, raised over $150 million from Sequoia and Tencent, and collectively generated over $1 billion in revenue.
We’re looking for an experienced iOS engineer who will own the development of new features and improvements for our popular app, used by millions of learners. You’ll work closely with PMs, designers, and other engineers to launch product improvements that help us grow, monetize, and deliver a world-class learning experience.
The role reports to the Chief Product Officer. This is a hybrid role, requiring about three days each week in our New York office.
- Work with product teams to design, estimate, and build new features
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks
- Produce high-quality, well-documented and tested code
- Help shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- Make key decisions around our tech stack and the architecture of our entire code base
- 2-5 years of programming experience with Swift or Objective-C
- Deep understanding of SwiftUI and declarative programming
- Strong technical knowledge of iOS mobile application development for iPhone/iPad
- Experience working with designers and product managers
- Able to move large projects forward independently and with a distributed team
- Able to present multiple approaches for tackling problems and clearly communicate trade offs
- You love reading and learning new things!
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity at a well-funded early stage company
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits - we pay 100% of the premiums for the employee
- Flexible paid time off
Compensation for this role includes a very substantial equity package. The target salary range for this position is $90,000-$140,000. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
We encourage people from non-traditional backgrounds to apply, and are open to contract-to-hire arrangements. If you're excited about what we're building but you think only a few items in this job description apply to you, we encourage you to apply. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.